Wednesday, July 22, 2026

The GOP Adopted a Felonious Mobster and Serial Sex Offender as Their Hero - Predictable Disaster Ensues

Having been blogging online about US politics for nearly two decades, I have over that span of time collected thousands and thousands of politics-themed memes.

And today I ran across this meme out on BlueSky and I have to tell you, it absolutely stunned me into silence for a couple of minutes.

I mean - the messaging of this lady's tweet is so humble and unpretentious, yet so nakedly honest that it morally devastates the intended target of that messaging, the Republican party and Trump's diehard cult, in one fell swoop:

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link:  Post by @rogerzenaf.bsky.social — Bluesky

  

I actually considered voting for John McCain when he ran in 2008 against Barack Obama. And I very well might have voted for him if he hadn't capitulated to the religious right and selected that bible-thumping half-wit Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Personally, I disagreed quite a bit with many of McCain's domestic policy positions, but I valued his military experience, and I respected his having survived years as a POW enduring all manner of horrors while not betraying his country, and it was stuff like that which had me seriously looking at him as my first choice for POTUS.  

I simply had too many reservations (since proven wrong) about Obama at the time because he was an unknown entity to me and I was looking for someone with strong foreign policy credentials and a world's worth of experiences, and John McCain seemed to be an acceptable, albeit not ideal option to me, mostly because he was a Republican.

But I saw a video one day that made me respect John McCain on a deeper level.  At one of his rallies, a right-wing Republican woman stood up and denounced Obama, insulted Obama's family, called him a communist and traitor and other slanderous stuff.  John McCain shut her ass down quick.  He told the woman to her face, in front of everyone in that crowd that she was completely wrong about Obama.  He defended Obama's honor and told the woman that just because he and Obama had fundamental disagreements about how to govern the country, that didn't make Obama a 'communist' or a traitor to the nation.

And for that I respected John McCain.  He had the balls to stand up to these hateful people when no one else in the Republican party would do so.

Simply put, John McCain was a flawed, but a good man.  He was certainly more of a man than that gelatinous pile of criminal orange blubber squatting in the American people's White House could ever wet-dream hope to be, that is for damn certain.

And now sadly, today, we see how these Republicans prostrate themselves at the feet of this convicted felon POTUS, an adjudicated rapist, and a suspected child rapist, and how they praise him incessantly to his face, and pronounce every one of his presidential decrees as the greatest in history.  It's nauseating.  I have no doubt that similar scenes of spineless, fear-soaked sycophancy play out when North Korea's psychotic, mass murdering leader Kim Jong Un meets with his cabinet members.

So yeah, I think it's a pretty fucking astute and decimating observation by the mother of that US Marine that the Republican party and Drumpf voters in this country not only lost their collective souls, but also lost the moral values plot when they stopped seeing a man like John McCain as a hero and began seeing Donald Trump as a hero, and even worshiping the old mobster beyond that hero status.

 

 

 

---TFG

No comments:

Post a Comment