Saturday, June 16, 2012

Love, God, Murder . . . . Johnny Will Tell You all About It...

Took a ride with the wifey down the hill to Rancho Cucamonga and walked around this amazingly gaudy outdoor shopping area called Victoria Gardens. Imagine six square blocks of Beverly Hills/Rodeo Drive type shops interspersed with a few hillbilly bbq joints, a JC Penney, a ginormous Macy's and a megalopolous movie theater complex smack dab in the middle of all of it. That's what it looked like to me - but what do I know?

Anyhow, I stopped and went in this one little shop only because I heard some Iron Maiden music screeching from the outdoor speakers at the entrance to it - and if there is anything that is an instant clarion call for me, it's Iron Maiden music. As fate would have it, I found this Johnny Cash shirt. It's his Love, God, Murder shirt. It was the only one there and just happened to be my fat ass size 2XXL. Here's the shirt:





Bought it. It's just damn cool. It represents the primary three themes that permeate the vast majority of Johnny's wonderful history of his songs - Love, God and Murder. There was actually a compilation box set with the same title released by Cash in 2000. Just something cool I ran across and thought I would share.


----TFG

No comments:

Post a Comment