The Gadfly has been trying desperately for the past week and half to post something, hell - anything!, about the dread pirate Drumpf and his unceasing assholery, but just as The Gadfly gets about halfway through writing any of his posts, fresh reports fly off the news wires that out-mind-boggle the stuff The Gadfly was going to write about!
Even the Washington Post had to take note of the dizzying pace of Drumpf's everlasting, gobstopping corruption machine . . . .
For any president, one of these headlines would be very bad news. For President Trump, they all came in a span of 12 hours:
- “Justice Department to appoint special counsel to oversee probe of Russian meddling in 2016 election”
- “House majority leader told colleagues last year: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump”
- “Flynn stopped military plan Turkey opposed — after being paid as its agent”
- “Trump Team Knew Flynn Was Under Investigation Before He Came to White House”
- “Israeli Source Seen as Key to Countering Islamic State Threat”
- “Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians — sources”
Jeebus Kripes! Obama in eight years didn't have that many scandalous headlines combined. And those are just in the past 12 hours! -- and they didn't even mention Drumpf pressuring Comey and the FBI to lay off the Flynn/Russia probe or the snark-slaying story of Drumpf's "Russian law-firm of the year" (you can't make this shit up) putting out a press release claiming Drumpf's finances were clear of Russian influence.
The Gadfly knows --- it's all "fake" news. All the investigative reporters are fake, their sources are fake, the stories are fake, the just named special counsel Robert Mueller III is a fake -- it's all fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake fake ..... FAKE! At least that is what Drumpf and his idiot supporters would wishfully like everyone to convince themselves in to believing.
All The Gadfly has to say is -- stock up on the popcorn dear readers. It's gonna be one helluva unpredictable, nail-biting tragicomedy in the coming months -- and at sake of giving away the ending, the mere prospect of seeing Dapper Don and his Russian stooge buddies being frogmarched out of the White House could very well be one of the greatest ever final acts in the short history of American political melodrama.