Thursday, October 5, 2017

Ambassador Lisa Douglas . . . And Aide-de-Camp -- Arnold Ziffel . . .

The Gadfly was looking for something a little less depressing -- anything actually -- to get his mind and his rage unfocused from the Las Vegas massacre - and lo and behold . . . the gods of acid humor took the bait.  Observe:

CBS NEWS October 5, 2017, 11:01 AM
Ivana Trump, the first wife of President Donald Trump, says he offered her the ambassadorship to the Czech Republic and that she advised him to tweet, in an interview with Jim Axelrod for CBS' "Sunday Morning," to be broadcast October 8.
. . . 
"I was just offered to be the American ambassador to Czech Republic," she noted. "Donald told me. He said, 'Ivana, if you want it, I give it to you. But I like my freedom. I like to do what I want to do, go wherever I want to go with whomever I want to go. And I can afford my lifestyle. Okay, why would I go and say bye-bye to Miami in the winter, bye-bye to Saint-Tropez in the summer, and bye-by to spring and fall in New York? I have a perfect life."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivana-trump-president-asks-my-advice-on-tweeting/

The Gadfly swears - when he saw and listened to that CBS video interview of Ivana cheering on Donnie's tweeting and waxing poetically about how it would be just too hard - darling - to give up the a lifestyle of luxury and torpid affluence for that of a lowly public servant, it instantly reminded The Gadfly of this:





Tell The Gadfly he's wrong? . . ? . . .




----TFG



No comments:

Post a Comment