Monday, April 25, 2016

The Color Purple . . .

Sigh and fuck.

Gadfly still can't believe Prince is goddamn dead.  So many fuckers in this world who are so much more deserving of being in dirt nap eternity . . . . . yeah, Gadfly knows .... not a nice thing to say, but fuck it .. it's true.

Anyhow, a few awesome rockers paid their tribute to the Purple One:


The Boss:



(Gawd --- if that didn't bring a single tear to your eye, you're fucking heartless.)



David Gilmour of Pink Floyd (fast fwd to the 4:25 mark):





Eric Clapton:

"I'm so sad about the death of Prince, he was a true genius, and a huge inspiration for me, in a very real way. In the the '80s, I was out on the road in a massive downward spiral with drink and drugs [when] I saw Purple Rain in a cinema in Canada. I had no idea who he was, it was like a bolt of lightning!...
"In the middle of my depression, and the dreadful state of the music culture at that time, it gave me hope. He was like a light in the darkness. I went back to my hotel, and surrounded by empty beer cans, wrote 'Holy Mother.'
"I can't believe he's gone."
http://www.kshe95.com/news/real-rock-news/eric-clapton-remembers-prince



And finally --- The Frolicking Gadfly (Prince was a huge Minnesota Vikings fan so this song is appropriate):




No doubt there will be a  major tribute concert to come .... cathartic as it may be.

Anyhow --- Gadfly's personal mourning is over --- until the next icon of his youth checks out . .  .



----TFG


No comments:

Post a Comment