Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Sincere Plea ..



I was stationed at Offutt AFB (then SAC HQ) from 1980-1983 - Air Force Radar Technician was my job.  Basically, it was my job to ensure that the base radar equipment was tuned and in and operating flawlessly so that the Air Traffic Controllers didn't crash land a jet plane into the cornfields leading up to the edge of the runway because of false readings from my group's radar system.  Anyhow, for an 18 year old out of high school numbskull like me, it was a stressful job.  That experience turned out to be one of the reasons I made a strategic decision that a life-long military career probably wasn't for me.  Regardless - several years later, that technical training came in handy, and along with those crisis experiences I had gone through, led me to an opportunity to receiving some very rapid OJT in the Telecommunications industry when the then company Telecom tech resigned suddenly.  And thus began my 21 year journey in IT - doing everything from pbx and voicemail systems administration, inside wiring, vendor management, cabling, circuit provisioning, deskside voice services, pbx and voicemail administration, etc., small and large project management, etc....  I've been doing it all up to this day.  I am being advised by my current employer, who shall currently remain nameless, that my position in the company is being "surplussed" soon due to a client making an early termination on a multi-year contract.  Imagine that .. after all the work I've done all these years ... I'm about to become a surplus human being.  Ok -- never mind the (yeah - welcome to the fucking club) --- if anyone knows a Southern California company looking for a TDM or IP voice systems administration tech/administrator with years of experience on Avaya and Siemens pbx platforms, who's currently in training for Cisco CCNA certification, as well as an experienced inside wiring tech .. let me know.  Just a a little networking going on here.  Friends of friends.  ..... Thx.


----TFG

No comments:

Post a Comment